Tualatin School House Pantry Food Drives
Did you know?
- Thirty percent of food donations come from food drives.
- Sixty-three percent of food donations come from the food industry or people who have a hand in the production and distribution of food.
Tualatin School House Pantry heartily applauds the amazing community members who coordinate food and fund drives at:
- Work sites
- Churches and temples
- Service clubs
- Professional organizations ..and more.
How can individuals or groups run a food or funds drive?
You can do it ... with a little help from your friends! Groups in the Tualatin area raised thousands of pounds of food and thousands of dollars last year to help fight hunger in our community. Please see the list of TSHP immediate and ongoing needs.
Submit your ideas to the pantry at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fun ideas to get food and funds
- Organize a walk-athon pledge drive. Ask family and friends to pledge money if you walk a specific distance.
- Skip lunch on certain days and donate the cost of lunch.
- Recycle your junk at a sale: "One person’s junk is another’s treasure."
- Sponsor a bake sales or cakewalks.
- Hold taco bar, chili feed or pizza party.
- Organize salad, soup and potato bars.
- Sponsor an ice-cream social.
- Sponsor a book sale or craft bazaar.
- Organize a silent auction.
- Collect food and funds at basketball games, mini-marathons, etc.
- Place donation jars and food bins near break rooms, copiers and fax machines.
- Bag it. Sponsor a brown-bag lunch. Ask staff to donate the cost of a lunch. Or ask people to donate a lunch bag full of nonperishable foods.
- Generate pyramid power. Have teams build a pyramid of food. Or ask teams to bring foods representing the nutritional food pyramid.